The NSD Society has following composition:
- The Chairman – to be appointed by the President of India.
- Financial Advisor – to be appointed by the Govt. of India.
- Two theatre experts, one to be nominated by the Executive Board of the Sangeet Natak Akademi and one by Society of the National School of Drama from amongst a panel of names drawn up by Academic Council of NSD.
- One representative of the Ministry of Culture to be nominated by the Govt. of India.
- One representative of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Director of Film and T.V. Institute.
- Four members nominated by Central Government:
- a.One Dramatist to be nominated in consultation with the Chairman, Sahitya Akademi and Director, NSD.
- b.One expert from TV Industry/ Electronic Media to be nominated in consultation with the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- c.Two eminent persons in the field of culture to be nominated in consultation with the Chairperson of the Society and the Director of the School.
- One representative of the teaching Staff of NSD.
- One member from amongst the ex-graduate of the School to be co-opted by the Society members.
- Vice-Chairman shall be elected by the Society from amongst it’s members.
- Director, National School of Drama will be ex-officio Member-Secretary of the Society.
- Shri Ratan Thiyam, Chairman, NSD Society
- Dr. Arjun Deo Charan, Vice Chairman
- Shri Raghav Chandra, Financial Adviser and Additional Secretary, Ministry of Culture, Government of India
- Shri Pankaj Rag, Member, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Culture,Government of India
- Shri D. J. Narain, Member, Director, Film & Television Institute of India
- Shri , K. Sanjay Murthy, Joint Secretary (Films), Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
- Ms. Deepa Chandra, Additional Director General, Doordarshan
- Prof. Satish Alekar
- Dr. Kamlesh Dutt Tripathi, Member
- Shri Bimal Kumar Lath, Member
- Ms. Uttra Baokar, Member
- Ms. Tripurari Sharma, Staff Representative, Professor NSD
- Prof. Waman Kendre, Member Secretary & Director, NSD